A mod that will add the Narnian world to the BFME I game
|Welcome Guest ( Log In / Register )|
Quick ListsTop Rated
Register and log in to move these advertisements down
Setting up your mod, with the -mod command
Adding art (BFME 2 & RotWK)
1. Put all your new models in 'x\art\w3d\xx\' and your skins in 'x:\art\compiledtextures\xx\', where you replace 'xx' with the first two letters in the filename.
2. Get EA's AssetCacheBuilder from the SDK and put it in 'x'.
3. Make sure you close any open files in your art folder, if you have them opened in Photoshop or something.
4. Rename 'x\art\compiledtextures' to 'x\art\textures' (because EA hasn't updated the ACB to accomodate this change of directory in BFME 2).
5. Run 'AssetCacheBuilder.exe'. It will generate your new asset.dat (Leave it there!).
6. Undo the rename from step 4.
To automatically do steps 4 to 6, create a file 'x\makeasset.bat' and insert:
Or download below.
Double-click this file to make your asset.dat
Adding art (BFME 1)
1. Put all your new models 'x\art\w3d'.
2. Put your new skins in 'x\art\textures'.
3. Get EA's AssetCacheBuilder from the SDK and put it in 'x'.
4. Run 'AssetCacheBuilder.exe'. It will generate your new asset.dat (Leave it there!).
Links / Downloads
MaximanNew - Tuesday August 3, 2010 - 16:00
Thx for the help Bart with the .Bat File
person 1123 - Sunday January 11, 2009 - 5:38
It says my path is not valid. what do i do?
morjin - Saturday February 16, 2008 - 3:11
i get a game.dat crash,and the weirdest thing that i always get thta crash with a -mod thing. even with normal mods!(rj-rotwk, bfn)
Captain Beremir - Tuesday October 30, 2007 - 20:39
I'm having trouble with the preconverted INIs! I downloaded them but can't extract them I keep getting errors. What should I do??
m@tt (Team Chamber Member) - Thursday October 25, 2007 - 13:18
You wont need a licence for WinRAR, after the trial you'll get a message asking you to buy it, but it still works as normal.
Captain Beremir - Wednesday October 24, 2007 - 17:44
Will FinalBIG editor work because I downloaded it but can't open, or is there another way besides Winrar?? What if I simply copy my ROTWK ini?? Or is Winrar the only way, and will you have to get a license to use it??
Solinx (Team Chamber Member) - Sunday August 12, 2007 - 19:40
The .rar file you mean? Winrar is the program you should use for that.
Captain Beremir - Sunday August 12, 2007 - 17:04
when downloading the INI what program should i use to open it. it seems to come out as different shapes/letters/numbers
pf7612 - Tuesday August 7, 2007 - 10:14
Do you edit the new ini "configuration settings" files that you get in the mod folder, or edit the regular .ini? The new files you get in the folder are hard to read...
JaYk - Friday August 3, 2007 - 16:43
Well... when i get to step 3 i get a game.dat, but it doesnt display a reason, it just crashes.
"One site to rule them all, one site to find them,
© All Rights Reserved Eric Edwards ©2013.